Monday, July 31, 2017

Dear Society

Dear Society,

Thank you for calling me pretty. I love the compliments.
Thank you for liking my hair. I love my curls.
Thank you for liking my appearance. I like my body too.
Yet, what else do you like about me? Am I only a pretty girl? Is there nothing else that is admirable about me? Do I have no other redeeming trait in my life? I feel as if the only thing people like about me is my face. Part of me wishes that you would see more of me. Would think of something else to like about me besides how god made me physically.
Thank you for wanting me sexually, but is my body the only good thing about me?
If all you want is my body.... then wait till I die because soon my physically beauty will smother my personality and I doubt I'll survive it.

Sincerely,

A girl wanting something more than an empty compliment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment